Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cleaning diamond plate accessories

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cleaning diamond plate accessories

Post  T.C. on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:07 am

Purchased Busch's Aluminum Super Shine at one of our local truck stops, so as to try polishing my diamond plate accessories, rocker panels, bed caps and mud flaps. Mind you these items have not been touched since they were installed back in 1999. I have tried on several occassions to clean and polish, but each time it has been very disappointing, they still looked dull and very dirty, not to mention the tremendous amount of rubbing action. Was at the point of replacing them all when I noticed a semi fueling at the truck stop and it was loaded with diamond plate accessories...boy was it beautiful and shiny. So I had to stop and compliment the driver and ask about cleaning all that diamond plate. He of course was very proud and informed me that he only used Busch's Aluminum Super Shine. Unfortunall Very Happy y when I began my cleaning I found that I had some very shiny area's but for the most part it still dosn't look right. I am assuming that it has a whole lot of oxidation. My wheels on the other hand have never looked so good. In your opinon would you recommend Busch's heavy duty cleaner or would you suggest an acid cleaner? By the way I am sold on Busch's Super Shine. I dosn't require a whole lot of muscle and gives you a beautiful look.

T.C.

Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : HEAVY CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
Registration date : 2011-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cleaning diamond plate accessories

Post  chaotik on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:55 am

If they havent been polished since 99...I would say they are are going to need to aluminum brightener to help get rid of some of that oxidation. And then you would still need to use a machine to buff them out...probably possible by hand...but alot of work. Finish will be more uniform using a machine.

chaotik

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top